Saturday, March 26, 2011

A city called Mathura

For some its a crowded city
with hustle & bustle from morning to night
For others its a holy city
-the birth place of Krishna
Some talk about the eternal love of Radha-Krishna

Some want to enjoy the Holi of Barsana
Others want to visit  Gokul, Vrindavan and the arti of Yamuna
Some want to taste the delicious Pedas, Khurchan and Mishri-malai
Others cannot forget the pestering Pandas and the sneaking monkeys all around
The ghats, dancing peacocks, foreigners and what not.

But to me, when I close my eyes and see Mathura,  I see my home, my childhood and the smiles of my folks.

4 comments:

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

Oh! Sneha...you're from Mathura?! Am immensely glad to know that, dear friend :-). And, the reasons are obvious :D

Also, am glad tat am the first to comment here as it's about Radha ma - and - Krishna!

Btw, except tat Mathura is related to Krishna, I don't know much about it. But, your poem, so beautiful and so lively, makes me desire to savour everything- especially the delicious Pedas, Khurchan and Mishri-malai. *winks*

Have a great Sunday, dear friend!

Simran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simran said...

How sweet you are :)
I was not knowing much about Mathura but your post made me realize there are many things to see, to visit ..
Thanks for sharing :)

Keep Smiling Dear .

Monu Awalla said...

One can now easily figure out why mathura is so special.. nice points to highlight.. :)