Sunday, March 6, 2011

A birthday Log

When I was in school, I always wished that my birthday never fall on sundays and holidays. The birthday was the most awaited event of the year and why waste it on a sunday when you could be in school where you get treated specially among friends and teachers. I used to keep a count of who wished me and who did'nt, a habit that I keep to this day. I also reminded my near and dear in case they forgot, something I do even now. I guess some habits do not change with time. For people who are close to your heart why be formal. My birthday was not a day event but a couple of week event and I kept myself busy with planning. The birthday got marked on the calendar the day the new one arrived in new year. I do not do that now. Things happened that I guess have mellowed down my enthusiasm for celebrations.

My birthday now is more like a personal thing and I do not party or dine with friends anymore.  I do not also visit any temples as my belief in the Holy side has been a little shaky always. What I do though is treat myself with some special gifts. This year I bought myself a Macbook Pro which is quite different and better than the laptops I have been used too. I am sitting with it trying to improve my Mac skills and chatting with my family.

So much for my birthday. Happy birthday to Me. Enjoy !!

2 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

Hi Sneha,
Belated birthday greetings for a happy birthday..Please accept my best wishes on this happy occasion.

Sneha said...

Thank you so much.:)