Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 14

Red, pink, bling-bling apparels, soft toys, flowers, and decorations in the malls by the end of January shows how everybody is getting ready to celebrate the Valentine's Day. I think 14 Feb is the only day throughout the year  which people around the world celebrate all together, however they can- in full public glare or even in the most clandestine ways.

Last year me and one of my friends counted  male versions of  the ' Red Riding Hood'. Even though both of us were in red hoodies too. But it was plain fun. I am talking about the kind of outfit Sallu is wearing in this video


 

Sometime early days I wrote this poem. Some of you might have read it before and though now I find it a little kindergarten-ish stuff but still I am posting it again.

My Wish

If I had wings
I would fly to wherever you were
If I had colors
I would paint your life with my magical hues
If I were the sun
I would bring warmth to your cold & gloomy days
If I were the moon
I would beam down my light to make your life bright
If I were a star
I would twinkle in your life
If I were the rain
I would wash away your pains
My simple wish is I hope to be the joy of your life

Happy Valentines


This year the Valentine's Day  falls on Monday (busy day) but I am sure we will manage to go out and have fun.

5 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

That is a beautiful poem-nothing kinder garden-ish but catching the spirit of the month very well.

Neeha said...

Nic poem.
Hope You enjoy.

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

:)
Happy Valentines to you too!
:)

Purna Koumudi Vogeti said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sneha :-)

Sh@s said...

Belated Happy Valentine's Day to you. Your poem is cute :)