Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mein Tainu Pher Milangi (I will meet you yet again) - Amrita Pritam



I will meet you yet again
How and where? I know not.
Perhaps I will become a
figment of your imagination
and maybe, spreading myself
in a mysterious line
on your canvas,
I will keep gazing at you.
Perhaps I will become a ray
of sunshine, to be
embraced by your colours.
I will paint myself on your canvas
I know not how and where –
but I will meet you for sure.
Maybe I will turn into a spring,
and rub the foaming
drops of water on your body,
and rest my coolness on
your burning chest.
I know nothing else
but that this life
will walk along with me.
When the body perishes,
all perishes;
but the threads of memory
are woven with enduring specks.
I will pick these particles,
weave the threads,
and I will meet you yet again.

Translated by Nirupama Dutt

15 comments:

Ms.Meduri said...

wow..thats beautifully written...!!!

Thanks for sharing..!!

♪♪HARINI♪♪ said...

Really nice poem!! :)

KParthasarathi said...

beautiful imagination in the original and excellent translation without dilution

Neeha said...

Nice poem..
Thanks 4 sharing..

Ria said...

beautiful.

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Beautiful..... :)

Manasa said...

Beautiful..

Sh@s said...

Wonderful piece.

Harshita said...

What a co-incidence.. am listening to this composition... :)

It is narrated by Gulzar so wonderfully... LOVE IT!!

thanks for translating...

Megha Pareek said...

very nice....
Happy Diwali To You & your Family.....

Megha Pareek said...

very nice....
Happy Diwali To You & your Family.....

Megha Pareek said...

very nice....
Happy Diwali To You & your Family.....

Neeha said...

Missing your posts these days..
Any have advance Christmas & New year wishes..

WINDOWLAD said...

May you have more love, peace and light in this time of the year my friend.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!^^

P.S. I have left something for you. Please click here.

GOD Bless!^^

~Kelvin

vivek said...

Hi Sneha,

Just came over your space blogwalking.
1st wish you a very happy and prosperous new year 2011.:-))
Nicely penned down emotion in the wait of meeting again.
Its really a nice work. . keep writing.. and explore the poet within.
wish you all the best for your life.

keep writing
keep smiling... :-)
vivek