Saturday, May 1, 2010

Things far and near

Amidst the snowy and chilly wind,
I think of the distant past,
Of flying kites,
Of thandi lassi, mithi kulfi, 
And  sleepy hot afternoons,
My heart aches,
I sulk, sigh and brood abound.

As days pass,
Sitting on the deck under the bright sun,
I enjoy my afternoon soup,
Of warm summery breeze,
The mood has changed, the air is light,
Everything seems so joyous around.

Things far and near always churn my heart
My mind takes a flight,
Landing on my feet sometimes like a deft trapeze artist,
Wiped-out otherwise by strong emotional waves.  

10 comments:

Yamini Meduri said...

wonderful sneha....beautifully written..!!!

Vishwanath Seshadri said...

Enjoyed reading this poem, Sneha.. Keep writing :)

Hobo ........ ........ ........ said...

When emotions are high The best is to drop tears. Nice poem And thanks for the visit after long long years?

Chandler said...

good writeup Sneha.

WINDOWLAD said...

Hi!

Oh, how beautifully you weave those words... really a pleasure to read especially now that i'm officially reurnin' back and movin' on after almost a month of bein' away and living in so much distress and weariness.... it makes me feel blessed... blessed that i'm here again readin' such a beautiful poem... thanks for makin' and sharin' this one!!!:)

A Blessed day!!!:)

>kelvin

Anamika Sureka said...

Its beautiful Sneha!!!

Made me nostalgic too.

Arv said...

such is the nature's way... to yearn for whats far and away...

nice work mate...

cheers...

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Nice!
Really nice! More so, that you can find solace where you are!

R. Ramesh said...

everyone has said it: very well written..cheers friend:)

Lydia said...

Hi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!