Sunday, December 13, 2009

Green grass, blue skies & then snow all over

Green grass, blue skies, bright shining sun and flying birds-never missed these so much in my life before the fourth of this December when Calgary was hit by an awful snow storm. The amount of snow pouring from the skies was so horrendous that it caught the people by surprise and coupled with high speed winds just took the life out of the city. Visibility went zero, vehicles got stuck on the roads, mounds of snow and white everywhere, that's what outside was like. It has been one week since and things are in much better control now. Snowplow trucks and salt/sand spreaders are all at full-time work now.
But we friends still enjoyed at home in the evening cooking chicken-biryani, gajar ka halwa and hot coffee.

13 comments:

Chandler said...

Awesome food to be eating when gripped with -27 temperature outside.

i cant even cook chicken at home not cos i dont want to have it but cos i dont know how to cook and my roomie is a veg :(

Chandler said...

And welcome back.

Expecting a lot of posts now and return to my blog.

Sneha said...

Koi nai coming valentine key baad sab kuch badlney wala hai.:)

Amen!


have a nice evening.:)

Kaya said...

Chicken biryani! yum! :D

I have never seen snow...so i wont mind a snowstorm. :D

Shravan | ശ്രവണ്‍ said...

:-) the beginning remind me of the vodafone ad.. green grass and blue skies :) so this does really mean that sneha is back right? am seeing this place updated more frequenty now :-)

Sneha said...

@ kaya
:)
@Shravan
You are absolutely correct 10/10 that line is from Vodafone Ad.:)

abhishek said...

ye dekho...chicken biryani mention karna zaroori tha :X

Bad girl!! mere baare me bhi kuch soch liya hota...

Sneha said...

ha ha, agli baar nahi karungi mention.;)

Harshita said...

:)

Nothing like apni India ka special HOT khaana... no matter koi bhi weather...koi bhi jagah ho... :D

Harshita said...

I shud ask my manager to send me to Canada now... this is one place I want to be at...

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

:)
Sounds like good fun actually!
:P

Dhanya said...

Gosh! You made me hungry :(

Sneha said...

@ harshita,
aa ja yaha fir.:)
@ Bikram,
hmm bol saktey hou.:)

@dhanya
:)