Thursday, December 24, 2009

Colours in our life

 I have often wondered what makes our likings for different colours so different from other people around us. For eg if  I like a certain colour I would assume that people around me would also like it. But I have found this to be untrue so many times that it bewilders me. This is even true for people who have lived together long enough.

May be everything including colours has a natural vibrations that attract or repel us depending upon how our psyche responds to it. Though one can attribute definite reasons for some of these likes/dislikes but for others there are absolutely none. I have read that you can define the personality of the person depending upon what colour s/he likes. We also tend to associate a colour to a certain person so much so that the colour almost begins to represent that person and we tend to like/dislike the colour depending upon how much we like/dislike the person.

I would say that all of us spend a lot of time in life searching the colours and the patterns we like. And I wish in this Christmas and the Holiday Season, Santa led by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer bestows your best colours onto you.


9 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

:)
Wish you a merry christmas too!

Shravan | ശ്രവണ്‍ said...

:-) so is that coz the diary got new shades? neat work :D so merry christmas and new year greetings !

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Wishing you the same and much more. :)) Have a colorful festive season ahead!!

Aevi said...

huh... thts profound.. never thought this way.

merry xmas

(still scratching my head... naah no dandruff or lice thinking about colors in life)

Sweet Addiction said...

mm. liking of color depends on moods too :P

Sorcerer said...

yeah..its the season of color and the post was great read :)

Dr Supriya said...

Gud post.. Merry xmas. And a happy new year to u!

Ria said...

hope u had a merry christmas!!and wish u hav a gr8 yr ahead! :)

Harshita said...

Wish you a beautiful life painted in ur fav colors.

happy new year :)