Saturday, May 9, 2009

Only For You.........

Sometimes or I should say most of the time we don't agree to each others thoughts and argue, but you know I really understand your feelings & fears. I know of your earnest desire to see me happy. I still remember in my 3rd std papa brought a yellow colored raincoat for me and unfortunately :-( it didn't rain that day and I was literally in tears. Then you got the garden hose to create artificial rain and cheer me up in my new yellow raincoat.:-). There were numerous such occasions when you pampered me like I was a princess.
No doubt you were and are still very strict but I understand, its for helping me face the world. And yes its true when it comes to papa, I became biased but that doesn't mean I don't love you. Your are my strength and your presence makes me feel strong. I am short of words now so a poem of

Rudyard Kipling for you 'MOM'.



Mother o' Mine

If I were hanged on the highest hill,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose love would follow me still,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

If I were drowned in the deepest sea,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose tears would come down to me,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

If I were damned of body and soul,
I know whose prayers would make me whole,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

Every time I read this poem, muzey esa legta hai 'Tarey jami per' ka 'meri ma' wala song iss poem sey he inspired hou.:-)





Happy Mother's Day

33 comments:

Sam said...

lovely n inspiring words Sneha for moM. She is one god's own gift for us.

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Nice!!! Keep posting....

pisku said...

Made me smile :)

manivannan said...

I always think mothers are gods in disguise...

And I just visualized what your mom did to you to bring rain...it was just so beautiful!

Lovely tribute for mothers Sneha!

*smiles*

Nave said...

great dedication Sneha.. am sure your mom will be so happy to read this ... infact all moms ..

sweet memories to cherish :) may u have more of em.. god bless :)

Sneha said...

@ Sam

Thanks. Indeed, I agree.:)

Sneha said...

@ gaurav
Thanks.

@ pisku,
Glad you liked it.:)
@ mani,

Happy mothers day,:)

@ nave
Thanks for the read,time and coment.:)

dreamer said...

Nice poem...Thanks for sharing with us...

Arv said...

Nostalgic... Mothers are so special :)

lovely touch of Kipling to it too :)

have a nice day.. cheers...

Harshita said...

Yeah..sach mein aisa lagta hain...

Aww.. ur raincoat moment with Mom is so cute... see, that's how they are... Moms are the rockstars of our lives...

Loved your post.

abhishek said...

Moms...crazy as they come...at least in my family she's undoubtedly holds greater love from me than Dad.

Sneha said...

@ Nainika,

Thanks.:)

@Arv,
Thanks. U too have a great day ahead.:)

Sneha said...

@ Harshita,
A big bear hug for you sweety.
>:D<.
Glad u liked the post.:)

Sneha said...

@ Abhishek,

How was your exams ?
I think You are doing well in your life and both your parents have a role to play in that.:)

anupama said...

dear sneha,
i am happy that i read your post on the right day!
sweet,touching and sincere!
expecting a post on FATHER'S DAY on june 22nd.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
sasneham,
anu

anupama said...

dear sneha,
i am happy that i read your post on the right day!
sweet,touching and sincere!
expecting a post on FATHER'S DAY on june 22nd.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
sasneham,
anu

Kartz said...

Beautiful words, Sneha... Loved that incident you reminisced. :)

Mums Day greetz too ALL mums! :)

Peace.

Nidzzi said...

nth like prayers of mother. god too cant say no.
mother are the purest soul.

Pallav said...

First of all ...
Poem is lovely..
secondly...
the Artificial rain..
i mean its so cute...
ur mom rockss...seriously...

Cheers :)
Pls pay my regarss to her..
n BTW hwzz ur father nw

Pallav

Nidzzi said...

the raincoat thing was so sentimental. awww
parents do treat us like princess. we are so lucky to have parents ( next god) in our life

Hobo ........ ........ ........ said...

I am because of you.

Aevi said...

yeah tht is one beautiful poem...

SAHITYIKA said...

hey nice sneha..
everyone have such nice rememberances in their life.. n everyone cherish them ..

surjit said...

A wonderful and inspiring poem.Thanks for sharing.
God bless.

Sneha said...

@ Anupama,

I am glad that you like it.:)
Have a nice day.:)

Sneha said...

@ kartz,

Thanks.:)

Sneha said...

Hi Nidhi,
Blue color suits you. You look beautiful.:)
Happy mothers day.:)

Sneha said...

@ Pallav,

Papa is fine. Thanks for asking.:)

have a nice day.:)

Sneha said...

@ Aevi,
yeah I love this poem.:)

Sneha said...

@ Sahitiyika'

I agree.:)

Sneha said...

@ Surjit,

Thanks a lot.:)

Suyog said...

nicely written .....kep up wrting

btw u wrote at my other blog trhat u are unable to access my blog?? wats the prob i dont know try once again :)

Sneha said...

@ suyog,

abi koi problem nahi hai.:)