Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nature's blessing



Blessed are the women who enjoy motherhood. The memories of my childhood- the time I started walking, my first tooth, the first time i said ma- every such little thing is stored in my mother's computer memory, which she delightfully shares with me sometimes.
She was always there for me in times of need. I am really grateful to God to bless me with such a mumma as my mom. My mother has been a housewife, but even some of my friends whose mothers were working, had their grand parents or somebody else in the joint family who took good care of them while their mother was away.
But with the breakup of the joint family system and with the ever increasing crazy drive for getting ahead, the children find themselves all alone stranded in some day care.
I am not against the working moms but I feel that for a certain period, they should enjoy the motherhood, they should enjoy the moments with their child and not send the child to daycare - if they can afford to and if there is no impending financial crisis. Its a nature's blessing to be able to procreate. A friend of mine who cannot become mother, told me adopting a child is also not easy, there is a long queue and you have to be financially strong. Its a long legal and such a slow process and full of mental trauma that only people who go through this can understand.

I feel we should be ready to acknowledge that if the younger generation spend most of their time in day care facility deprived of the love and the care of the family, they would reciprocate by sending their parents to old age home at the earliest opportunity.

27 comments:

Arv said...

Hiya...

Nice thoughts... much needed too...

I wish that both the mom and dad could some time off work, in turns, and spend the first year or 2 with the kids :)

take care mate.. cheers...

Sneha said...

Hi Arv,
I agree both parents should share equal responsibility.
Have a nice evening.:)

abhishek said...

nice thoughts...
what do you think of those moms who wouldn't let go of their sons even after they have turned 21...should they be sent to old age homes as well? :P

Sneha said...

Abhishek y ladka kon hai, BTW ?

I am still laughing at your comment.
Have a nice day.

abhishek said...

oh i am sure u'll get to know him over the time

Harshita said...

Hi Sweets

I agree Moms are a foundation for who we are.

I am in full agreement with you on a mother giving more time to their kids but then itz an individual choice.

My mom still works and she made sure we get all the love and attention that we needed... I am such a kid even now...lol.

I salute her for bearing with my mood seings,demands and tantrums.

Take Care
Harshita

Sneha said...

Hi Harshita,
I guess its not a matter of being working or non-working but more that of intentions.
Love
Sneha

Aevi said...

i am personally not a huge fan of kids... i dont like when kids get friendly to me... and I am a preacher of boarding schools

but yeah the age group you r talkin about... i absolutely agree to the view... kindergarten is at home not in day boarding.

Sneha said...

Hi Aevi,
Great !! You see,Great people think alike.
Have a nice evening.:)

dreamer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dreamer said...

Being a mother is a lot of responsibility and a nature's blessing only if one brings the child to get the satisfaction of having being there for someone all the time....to fulfill one's urge to love and care.

IndianPie said...

Well, I totally agree to what you wrote in your post. Working mothers..total rubbish. I think mothers need to be more sensible about this issue before its too late.

Sneha said...

Hi dreamer
Thats very right.And matters become different if one procreates "just to complete onr of the tasks at the earliest".

Sneha said...

Hi Indianpie,
I would disagree here working is an important part of ones life which gives self satisfaction confidence and esteem to ones personality.Only thing that it should not be considered as a top most priority.My post was about the infants that are sent to daycare.
have a nice day.

Punam said...

Hi Sneha, well-said! I agree. Day-care can never replace the touch of a doting mother.
I have given you an award on my blog. Do visit me to check it out. :))) ~Punam

Sneha said...

Thanks Punam you have livened up my day.:)
have a nice day.

HOBO said...

Nice.

IndianPie said...

Hi Sneha, I got your point. Thanks for correcting me.

Off the cuff said...

About my wish:

You know good thing about the poem is that it has the essence of love...which is difficult to get in words.

Keep rocking

Rahul

Nidhi said...

sneha - ahh .. nice post. these things comes to my mind often Sneha. I was thinking its also equally bad to send small kids to hostel. Kids dont know how it is to be home and at times parents do not get to understand their child well. By bro was send to hostel when he was in class one. This could be one of the reason he doesnt like being in family much and doesnt understand emotions easily. Thankfully he is completed his studies and nw wrking in dad's business and is close to family. We see a drastic change in him.

manivannan said...

thoughtful post...I agree with your views...Great!

motherhood is an invaluable gift to women, which, I think, every women should be proud of...

Kartz said...

Ah... Guess am late. Been tied down for the past few weeks. :(

Yet another thought provoking post my friend. Very well written.

Indeed, adopting is just not easy these days. I happened to learn of a family who are eager to adopt but with so many legal procedures to honour, it is seeming like an eternity!\


Peace.
---

Thanks for the Diwali wishes. Hope you and all your family enjoyed the festivities too.

Peace, take care and blessed be.

Sneha said...

Hi Rahul
Thanks.:)

Sneha said...

Hi Nidhi,
Even I have seen a couple of cases where children get emotionally detached from their families and its almost always unintentional.
@manivannan and kartz
Thanks for liking the post.:)

Sandeep Balan said...

"Its a nature's blessing to be able to procreate"....true...and thats why women have enjoyed that special place since eternity...well written...mom really are supercomputers...he he...cheers!

Buzzz said...

a good balance needs to be found out for working mom between her career n time for kid....and yes with dads being mature, it wud take both to spend quality time with the baby!!

Sneha said...

HI sandeep and buzzz,
I agree with both of you.:)
Have a nice day.