Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Makeover Of Sneha's Diary !!!

Makeover !! Aha!!

This week I was free so thought of changing my blog template. I started my research by using many free templates on the web which didn't appeal. Then thought of designing myself and day-n-night dimag mai sirf BLOG BLOG & BLOG hee rehta tha as if I was creating something big. And I realized if there is any force around us that creates the Big N Beautiful, it is the nature itself. The ever changing colourful mosaic of clouds and light in the sky inspired me. I almost felt like a plastic surgeon (while resizing the width of header, main column and side bars) nothing less than the great Mickey Contractor :The famous makeup artist.
But my sweet diary never said a single word of "Uf Aahhh Oouch". Patiently it bore the pain of all my experiments on her. But i know my sweet diary must be thinking deep down in her heart - Arrey Sneha!, Muzey behot decorate kar liya kuch esa likho ki log muzey padhy, nahi tou mehnet bekar!!

Through this journey of makeover, I realized the patience, hard work, attitude, sincerity that our parents exhibited during all those years of our upbringing. We are after all their creation and they are the real designers who carved us out of nowhere.

What do you say ? Am I right or wrong ?

17 comments:

The Small Biz. Guru said...

As I continue to mature on my own and develop into the man I want to be, I realize more and more how fortunate I am to have parents who raised me so well.

I did not always agree with them, but now I do. They've done well, if I do say so myself!

~the GURU

Sneha said...

Hi Guru ,
Yes!we often mistake in thinking that we are getting things done by ourselves ignoring the hidden support and mental solace offered in a family.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
keep visiting.:)
Sneha

Mahi said...

Sneha, your blog looks absolutely cool now with the new template. Oh and you've blogrolled me! Feels great being next to big B. Hehe, just kidding:)

Sneha said...

Thanks mahi, when is your college starting?
hey mahi you are no less than Big B and I am not kidding. :)
Sneha

Guruvardhan J said...

Nice blog design and liked the way you have put efforts to create it.....have written a small poem on paramahansa yogananda...hope you vl like it...do comment on it...here it is... http://80feetroad.blogspot.com/2008/07/lotus-feet-of-my-master.html

take care....

Sneha said...

Thanks Guruvardhanj

edson_dias said...

well, yeah. we owe parents big time. now coming to the blog layout, your blog looks good. & dont go in for some of the templates cause they tent to slow the page from dowloading quickly. I also had tried some but then stuck to one of bloggers originals. All the best

Sneha said...

Hi Edson_dias,

Thanks I will remember your advice.

Keep Visiting.:)
Sneha

sharon said...

Oh wow! This template is absolutely beautiful...!

Sneha said...

Hi Sharon
Thanks a lot.:)

Nidhi said...

I am looking for a good template too .. please gimme some link Sneha.
btw you are absolutely right. like we nurture and take care of our stuff, what important to us in the same way our parents do all that to us. They decorate our lives and take care of us.
Many of us don't realise. Many don't appreciate though they realise.

Sneha said...

Hi Nidhi

I use backgrounds from photobuckets or u can make your own blog backgrounds in photoshop, copy the link; open settings; goto edit html click the check box; search for the word "background:"; delete the number with #;
paste the link inside the url();check it with preview without saving.:)
And you r ready with your new template.If you still find this difficult I will mail u the details.

love
Sneha

edson_dias said...

I can see that you restored to bloggers template. It's a better option. word has it that google & blogger are making serious changes, along with some additional functions. so it'll be better to stick to bloggers templets once they make those changes.

Thanks for adding me on your bloglist

The Small Biz. Guru said...

I want to clarify..

Did you design this one or did you find this as a template somewhere?

It's pretty sweet!

~the GURU

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Hi Guru
I designed the earlier one but this one i got from photobucket.:)

Sneha

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Hi edson_dias
Thanks for your tip.Insted of a background color i am using a picture rest of the template is of blogger.

Sneha

Nidhi said...

hey sneha check out this
http://media.photobucket.com/image/blog%20background/rylee381/blog%20stuf/background.png?o=134

i want this back groud in my blog as backgroud. the link u gave the tipforblogger thign was really helpful.. but i m nt able to get this print thru our my page as its showing in tiles. pls try out n let the knwo the exactly hw to do..
i didnt the position .. center center or center right. nth wrking out..