Sunday, June 15, 2008

keep it up !! :)

Ah! Memories !!

When they are related to some funny incident, they always gives us another a chance to smile :).
So here goes mystory behind the quote 'Keep it up'. It was one afternoon of summer vacation
and we were spending our time at nani's place as usual :). We all kids did a lot of masti, badmashies, played board games and so many other things. That day mamaji was free so
he was teaching us how to play chess and he was asking every one of us- one by one- the name
and move of the chessmen. I being the youngest in the whole lot, he was giving me much more
attention and played the first game with me. I was in the 3rd std at that time, I think, and
according to my audience and mamaji, played well. So he said

Well Done ! Keep it up !!.

After the first game. we all went to have our lunch and mamaji had his siesta. And then everybody was searching for the chess board and chessmen as it was not at its place where it
was supposed to be. Sab peryshan ki board gaya tou gaya keha. At that time I was lying with
nani jee aur wo story suna rehi thi and I slept away. When i woke up in the evening my cousins
asked me about the chess board; aur jab unko peta chala ki hai keha par, tou mera itna mazak
bana, jo muzey tab tou samaz nahi aaya but now that incident brings smile to my face.

Okay, let me tell you what happened to the chess board.

As mamajee said 'Keep it up'.

Maney board utha kar Almira key upar rekh diya tha. :)


2 comments:

Mahi said...

lol...tht was really funny, sneha! u brought back a lot of memories. the innocense of kids...yet they do a lot of badmashies. reminds me of the song,
"thode badmash ho tum, thode naadan ho tum"

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Heyyy Mahi!!!

Childhood is a special time in ones life and it brings out the most fondest and the cutest of memories. Especially if you happen to be the youngest, you automatically become the cynosure of all eyes.

Thanks for your sweet reply

Sneha