Monday, May 26, 2008

Special child



She was not beautiful or attractive, neither was she a celebrity but something was there in her face that captivated me. Today evening while ordering burger at Mcdonalds, this girl was behind me with her mother and was trying to come in front of me. She was laughing and trying to say something to me. But before I responded, her mother took her away. She was a special child (which anybody could make out) and was an Indian. What impressed me most, was the thing her mother was looking so confident and not ashamed of her child. At least, the parents are trying to behave normal and allowing there daughter to live a normal life.
I still remember when I was in school my friend's brother was not normal and her mother kept him in a locked room. We were not allowed in her house and while crossing their house. he used to wave hand and scream and laugh - a kind of house arrest.
Why the parents are ashamed of their child? Just because he/she is little different from others. None of us is perfect and are impaired someway or the other. Let us not idolize perfection but compassion and treat each other normal. Life is different and enjoyable because of the diversity it offers. We as humans are bound to be different from each other and not clones. Please be human. Love humans.



2 comments:

Harshita Kamal Mehta said...

I agree...My cousin had a typical nervous-muscular
disorder...Initially, we cud not make out coz he was pretty normal and the only prob was he cud nt speak...

He was the most beautiful child I have ever seen in 25 yrs of my life...

He is no more...Its been 4 yrs now but his smile still lingers on..

I loved him...and I donno why I have a special bond with special kids...My fren's cousin was special n she cud only related to me...everytime I visted her she wud dance n tell me how she wanted to be Miss India...

I salute ur concern towards the special people...They indeed are really really special...

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Hey Harshita,

Thx for the comment.:)